It may seem like there are a myriad of defenses for abortion, but they fall into three categories. Here's a simple way to visualize how to respond to them. Since there are only three kinds of defenses for abortion, there are only three kinds of responses to them.See the flow chart of these three positions. The chart refers to the following:
Every defense for abortion either:
- Assumes the unborn is not a human being.
- Accepts the unborn is a human being, but denies it’s a person.
- Accepts the unborn is human being and a person, but argues that a woman’s bodily rights/autonomy trump the child’s rights.
- Trot Out the Toddler
- Scientific case that the unborn is human
- S.L.E.D. test
- Take the Roof Off
- Respond to the violinist and bodily rights arguments