When it comes to our money, I see 6 principles the Bible puts forward. Any one of these principles, taken alone, will lead you out of balance. But holding all 6 in reverent tension can provide you with a balanced approach to your money that allows you to be freely generous with your money and also to enjoy the things that God has put into your life.The six principles are:
- God gives excess to some so that they can share with those who have less.
- Jesus’ radical generosity toward us should be to us a model and a motivation for radical generosity with others.
- The Holy Spirit must guide us as to which sacrifices we are to make.
- God delights in our enjoyment of His material gifts and gives us richly all things to enjoy.
- We are not to trust in riches and not to define our lives by the abundance of our possessions.
- Wealth building is wise.